The Audio-Visual ministry is responsible for setup, maintenance, coordination, and use of the church’s audio, visual, and lighting technology used during services and for other special events. The ministry’s mission is to glorify God by ensuring that His Word and our praise and song to Him is seen and heard clearly and without distraction or interference within our local church and throughout the world as it’s broadcasted or distributed on media with the highest video and audio quality available.
Macedonia’s Dance Ministry exists to bring praise and glory to God through dance. We strive to use the talents and gifts God has blessed us with to honor Him. Dance is a language and it communicates the expression of many things such as emotions, desires, thoughts, and beliefs through the movement of our bodies. We set out to edify the church and the community through the biblical expression of Psalms 149, “Let Israel rejoice in their maker; let the people of Zion be glad in their king. Let them praise His name with dancing and make music to Him with tambourine and harp. For the Lord takes delight in His people.” Our Dance Ministry comprise of two groups; The Spiritual Hands of Praise and Praise-N-Motion (Youth Group).
The Macedonia Men’s Ministry sets out to encourage every man to build a personal relationship with Jesus Christ that moves him toward the Image of God and true manhood based on the Word of God and the example of Jesus Christ. This ministry promotes fellowship among men through education, programs, and organized activities. Our role is to foster the spiritual growth of men by being a source of information and inspiration so that they can become mentors, leaders, and servants to the church and community in any capacity necessary.
Ministries of Help & Service
- Culinary Ministry- The Macedonia Culinary Ministry, more commonly referred to as the Kitchen Committee, consists of dedicated volunteers and has as its purpose, the feeding of God’s people. This ministry is called into action for church-related fellowship dinners and receptions. The duties of the Culinary Ministry include: preparing menus for the fellowship dinners, shopping for and preparing the food, serving the food and cleaning the kitchen.
- Deaconess Ministry – The Deaconesses’ role is best described as a servant to the church. We were selected by the church to serve the church body by assisting with the spiritual life of the women and girls of the church for the best possible Christian service. We cooperate with the Pastor and the Deacon Ministry in visiting and caring for the sick and shut-in, the needy, and distressed members. In addition we assist in the preparation and observance of the Lord’s Supper and Baptism. We are always on the look-out for candidates who have obviously given prayer a high priority in their lives and whose lives demonstrate their willingness to serve others.
- Evangelism Team – It is the goal of the Evangelism Ministry to lead unbelievers to Christ and help save lost souls. All of us, who are believers, have been given the gift of salvation. It’s a gift that is free to anyone who will believe in Jesus Christ. The loyal members of the Evangelism Ministry although diverse in age, gender, and communication techniques are driven by a united passion for spreading the good news.
- Floral Club – The main focus of the Floral Club is church beautification and we are diligent in our efforts by making floral arrangements and constantly striving to keep our church beautiful. Our work is not limited to the inside of the church but the outside grounds as well.
- Mother’s Board – The Mother’s typically set the example for the younger women of the church by stimulating a missionary spirit through prayer, increased knowledge and studying of the Bible which equips them for service in the church as may be necessary. We set out to be a resource in the church which can provide Christian wisdom, advice, and counsel. In addition we assist in leading devotion on the first Sundays of each month along with the Deaconesses.
- Nurses Ministry – The Nurses Guild provide comfort and support to members and visitors during worship services, funerals and special events. We strive to render aid to the sick and injured as well as serve the pulpit during services for comfort and assistance to the Pastor and other ministers on duty.
- Progressive Laymen – All men are welcome and encouraged to join us! By joining the body of Christ you are automatically a layman of the church. It simply means that you are a believer and you are not a minister of the church. We strongly believe we are all brothers with something to add to the kingdom of God and we should support one another in spiritual growth. It is our goal to provide Christian ministry, education, fellowship and activities which will meet the needs and enrich the lives of men, women, and children. In addition, we are about the business of cultivating the Christian life of laymen through study, worship, fellowship, and service.
- Security Ministry – The Security Team is responsible for ensuring that members and visitors to our church have a sense of safety when arriving and departing our property. We assist with parking while helping our senior and physically challenged members and visitors gain access to our church property during our worship services. This Ministry is made up of a team dedicated to providing a safe holistic atmosphere within the body of the Macedonia Missionary Baptist Church.
- Willing Workers – Our name actually depicts our very purpose. For the Bible states in Ecclesiastes 9:10, ” Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.” The Willing Workers set out to take on tasks and be committed until they are completed. We endeavor to assist any ministry of our church and of course, the Pastor.
- Youth Ministry – The focus of the Youth Ministry is to ground the youth in the faith, develop their relationship with Christ, link them with other Christ followers, outfit them for a life change in Christ, equip them for worship, and train them as leaders while preparing them to reach out to non-believing or unchurched youth in order to build the kingdom. We subscribe to the notion of training up a child in the way he/she should go by planning activities designed to promote the spiritual, social and recreational development of youth. We are committed to the continual envelopment and spiritual growth of our youth.
The Missionary Ministry is the formalized means by which our church provides outreach to persons in need of assistance. As a Missionary Baptist Church, our mandate is to practice Christian compassion and use our talents and resources to the glory of God. Our Missionary Ministry comprise of two functioning groups: The General Body and The Circle of Dorcas. We all are banded together as a society to meet the needs of anybody who needed help and to teach the principles of God. We do not work to be saved but rather work because we are saved.
The purpose of Macedonia’s Music Ministry is to share the gospel of Jesus Christ through song, encourage believers in their walk with Christ, lead the congregation in worship and provide an avenue through which individuals may share their gift and be an integral part of the worship. Our Vision is to uplift the church and congregation through a diverse selection of music that appeals to all generations. Every ensemble of the church strives toward musical excellence and focuses on spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ through song. The groups which comprise of the Music Ministry are: The Mass Choir, The Senior Choir, The Inspirational Voices of Macedonia, The Total Praise Fellowship Choir, The Youth Choir, The Children’s Choir, and The Praise Team.
Usher’s & Greeter’s Ministry
The Usher Ministry serves as the church doorkeepers to ensure that worshipers feel welcome and assist the Pastor by maintaining reverence and order so members and visitors may receive the message. Ushers combine a warm welcome with a pleasant smile as they direct and seat worshipers. The Macedonia Usher Ministry comprise of three groups: The Seniors Usher Board, Usher Board #2, and The Junior Usher Board.The Greeters Ministry is responsible for assisting the Pastor fulfill the vision God has given him by making those who come through the doors of the church feel at home. Our responsibility is to help all who come to worship feel joy, sincerity, importance, peace and comfort when they enter the doors of the church. It is essential to understand as a Greeter, we are the first persons that visitors and members see when they enter the church door. We have to always show the love of Christ and that everyone feel the joy of the Lord upon entering our Worship Services.
Sunday School of Ministries
Macedonia’s Sunday School of Ministries is a foundational strategy by which we study the Word of God in small group settings. The intent is to actively engage people in the purposeful and in-depth study of God’s Word. This study will produce spiritual growth, discipleship, fellowship, ministry, and worship, as well as foster personal evangelism.There are a variety of Sunday School classes offered for everyone from nursery to senior adults. Each class is designed to specifically meet the spiritual needs of the people. Sunday School takes place each Sunday morning from 9:00 to 10:15 a.m. (all age groups). Our desire is to render bible-based religious education which will assist as you grow in your walk with God.